Tuesday, January 15, 2013

First Breaths

The throttle bodies and fuel rail mounted onto the car.

The air intake temperature sensor for the megasquirt is hidden into the back of the K&N air filter.

All of the fuel injection parts. 
After getting a brilliant spark from the Ford EDIS6 module, once we hooked it all up to the megasquirt, there was spark no more. Fortunately we remembered how it was done in the old days, and grabbed the distributor and coil off the shelf. After Re-installing the distributor The car actually started!!!! Although it ran poorly.

Stay tuned Next on the agenda is wiring up the LC-1 Wideband oxygen sensor and starting to tune the megasquirt, but this may have to wait for warmer weather.


3 comments:

  1. Dear Jason,
    I'm SOOOoooooo glad I found your blog! This is awesome. I'm doing the same thing to my 68! I would love to talk with you and pick your brains!
    Please let me know if we can speak! Matt!

    mfairy@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. so questions: I need some help figuroing out my manifolds Im using the same GSX RBI's as you what injectors did you use? the xj6 ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jason, how far are you know? got it running?

    ReplyDelete